What to do after you receive your Unconditional offer from your chosen University
Once you’ve received your unconditional offer, to receive your CAS statement, you will need to accept this.
You will then shortly receive your CAS statement. Once you receive this (confirmation of acceptance for studies) from your University that means the next step for you is to prepare to apply for your visa.
Your CAS is an electronic document, usually sent via email. It will include the following details:
- 14 digit reference number
- Sponsor License Number (SLN) of the institution you intend to study at
- Start and end dates of the course you intent to study
- Title of the course you intend to study
- Tuition fees for the first year of your course (if it lasts longer than one year) or the entire course (if it lasts one year or less)
- Any tuition fees you have already paid
- Any accommodation fees you have already paid to the institution (not private accommodation)
- Any qualifications that the institution has used to make you an offer to study the course
- An assessment of your English language ability, including any formal qualifications considered
- If you have previously been granted immigration permission to study in the UK, either under Tier 4 or under the student rules that were in place before Tier 4 was introduced on 31 March 2009, it will confirm that the new course demonstrates academic progress from your previous study
Before you apply for your Tier 4 Student Visa, you should check the process for your country including the length of time it may take, and if you should take a Tuberculosis test. This information is available on the UKVI website.
Ensure you meet the necessary requirements, and begin the application form. You can generally do this online for most countries. During your visa application, you will also need to pay the health surcharge which is £150 per year. If you are studying a Bachelor’s degree, you will need to pay all three years at once.
For your application, you will also be required to attend a Visa interview and pay an application fee. For an in-depth flowchart about the application process, you can download the PDF below, produced by UKCISA (the UK Council for International Student Affairs).
For more guidance and assistance, the UKEC Visa Support team are available at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +44 (0)161 228 0062 or message us on Whatsapp or Viber at +44 (0)7483 105 305.