Known as one of the leading creative arts institutions in the world, Goldsmiths is situated in New Cross, London. Founded in 1891, it was first known as Goldsmiths’ Technical and Recreative Institute and was later acquired by the University of London in 1904.
If you are an aspiring designer, then Goldsmiths is the university for you!
Key Information You’ll Need
While there is more than enough information that you’ll be able to find on various sites, allow us to sum them up for easy reference.
|International Population (%)||Times Ranking (2017)||Average UG/PG fee (£)||Living expenses (£)||Campus Location|
|19.8%||49||£13,100-£19,420||£163-£410||New Cross, London|
Average Entry Requirements
One of the key information that you will need before enrolling into any university would be the university’s average entry requirement. Having said, if you meet these requirements, it would be easier for you to apply!
For entry to undergraduate programmes you will need three passes at a minimum DDD in the Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia – Malaysia Higher School Certificate
|IELTS||IELTS 5.5-6.0 (with no individual test lower than 5.5)|
So, what are the top 10 subjects taken at Goldsmiths?
|SUBJECTS||STUDENT SATISFACTION (%)|
|History of Art, Architecture and Design||83.7|
|Art & Design||82.3|
|Communication & Media Studies||78.0|
So, why should you study at Goldsmiths?
Open doors to the following when you enrol yourself at Goldsmiths:
- Based on Research Excellence Framework 2014 and THE research intensity subject rankings, Goldsmiths is the 1st in the UK for Media & Communications, 3rd for Psychology, 6th for Anthropology.
- Goldsmiths had produced a number of notable alumni including:
- Oscar0winning filmmaker Steve McQueen
- Mercury Prize nominees Katy B & James Blake, Alex James & Graham Coxon (Blur), Antony Gormley, Sam Taylor-Wood, Margaret Howell and etc.
- Goldsmiths encourages you to look at subjects differently with an interdisciplinary approach to their degree courses.
Have more questions about Goldsmiths, University of London? Then join us and Goldsmiths this coming Thursday, 13th of October!