The University of Surrey’s home campus is located within the town of Guildford, Surrey and is only 10 minutes’ walk from the town centre. It is a public research university that specialises in science, engineering, medicine and business. It received its charter on 9 September 1966.
Key Information You’ll Need
While there is more than enough information that you’ll be able to find on various sites, allow us to sum them up for easy reference.
International Population (%)
|Times Ranking (2017)||Average UG/PG fee (£)||Living expenses (£)||Campus Location|
|28.7%||14||£14,000 – £17,000 per year||Approximately £6,800 per year||
Guildford, Surrey, SE England
Average Entry Requirements
One of the key information that you will need before enrolling into any university would be the university’s average entry requirement. Having said, if you meet these requirements, it would be easier for you to apply!
STPM grades are equivalent to A-Level (eg. A*AA = A, A-, A-) (minimum English: SPM (Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia), 1119 Advanced English C. Mathematics: SPM (Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia), Mathematics C
|UEC||See individual course page|
|IELTS||See individual course page|
For courses that require a 2.1, students will need to have achieved an average GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 or a 2:1. For courses that require a 2.2, students will need to have achieved a minimum final GPA of 2.8 out of 4.0 or a 2:2.
Is Surrey already on your mind? Perhaps you’d be as interested as with the top 10 subjects based on Good University Guide 2017.
|SUBJECTS||STUDENT SATISFACTION (%)|
|Accounting and Finance||88.9%|
|Electrical and Electronic Engineering||88.2%|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||87.8%|
Why University of Surrey?
And what can University of Surrey offer that other universities don’t?
- Surrey – a county of rolling green hills and fantastic history.
- The university provides an International Orientation Programme for new international students; this takes place before the University Welcome Week, and allows students to settle in more easily.
- 98 per cent of research is considered to be of ‘world leading, internationally excellent or internationally recognised.’
- Over 2,300 partner organisations work closely with the University of Surrey to give students valuable experience of the professional environment, helping them develop vital skills for the competitive graduate employment market.
- Surrey is the Times and Sunday times University of the Year 2016.
Need more information about University of Surrey? Then join us this Thursday (20th of October), 10am at our office in Bandar Sunway. A representative from University of Surrey will be more than happy to answer all of your questions!