So, you’ve decided to study ACCA in the UK. What is the next step?
With reference to our previous article on the benefits of studying the ACCA in the UK (see post here), once you have made your decision to finally pursue a UK masters, the vast range of options can still be pretty darn confusing. But there are plenty of excellent choices in the UK indeed. After all, the system of education in Britain is world-leading and globally significant, with some of the best university in the world. Here are a few of them below:
1) Queen’s University Belfast – An excellent university that offers the following courses with ACCA exam exemption opportunities:
• BSc Accounting (3 years)
• MSc Accounting and Finance (1 year)
Queen’s University Belfast also offers CIMA, CIPFA, AIA, and ICAEW professional qualification exemptions. The university has also recently been ranked as 4th in the UK for Accounting and Finance, in the Complete University Guide 2017, making it an extremely attractive option for the most ambitious accounting students. Queen’s University Belfast is also one of the few universities in the UK that offer ACCA exemptions on an MSc Accounting and Finance program.
2) Loughborough University – Loughborough University’s courses are not only accredited by professional accounting bodies, but also well-known for their strong industry and professional firm links:
• BSc Accounting and Financial Management (4 years with placement)
Their four year-long Accounting and Financial Management degree also includes a year on placement or studying abroad, which will also count towards the ACCA’s professional experience requirement – killing two birds with one stone. Loughborough were one of the first universities to include a year-long placement as a part of its undergraduate degree courses, and incidentally has one of the best records for placing students in top businesses throughout the country, including the following top companies:
• Lloyds Bank
• Morgan Stanley
• Walt Disney
3) Surrey University – Surrey University’s Accounting department has an excellent reputation, ranking a mighty second in the Guardian University Guide 2016. The core Accounting syllabus contains modules on financial accounting, management accounting, auditing, corporation finance and risk, and also explores the challenges of managing people, processes and customers:
• BSc Accounting and Finance (3 years)
• BSc Accounting and Finance (4 years with placement)
Students will also have the fantastic opportunity to study further afield during their degree. Example universities include, University of Sydney, Seoul National University and University of Hong Kong, all highly ranked and globally-changing universities. For students who are undecided about where to study, the opportunity to be exposed to multiple international environments and study locations is very appealing indeed. With both international exposure and professional development opportunities, graduating from this programme can definitely guarantee an excellent head start career-wise.
Interested in finding out more about UK universities, ACCA options, and scholarship and funding opportunities? Get in contact with our UKEC Malaysia counsellors for more information!